Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Monday, November 7, 2011

Boot Camp Begins!

Hi there,

Today is the first day of the Holiday Card Boot Camp and I am very excited to start! I am determined to make a card using the techniques, ideas & inspirations most days at least, for the 2 weeks. We'll see how that intention plays out (hopefully better than usual) but at least I've made a good start.



I made this card today as soon as I could after viewing the video posts. I took several ideas from Jennifer & Kristina's cards: two similar tones, a tree branch with a hanging ornament, rhinestone tree berries, small Versamark background stamping....it turned out ENTIRELY different from what I had in mind at first. Funny how that happens sometimes - you have an idea but the card itself almost seems to want to take you in a different direction. I'm also a little surprised by the colours I've used - the last 2 cards have been blue-green, which is a palette I rarely use. However, I am a little pulled towards that colour-of-glass shade at the moment. Kind of vintage but fresh at the same time.


Details:
Stamps: Heidi Grace Marina Dr., Waltzing Mouse Complements of the Season
Ink: Versacolor Gold, Versamark, Versamark Dazzle Champagne, Tsukineko Encore Ultimate Metallic "Sweet Dreams" (on edging of two smaller baubles)
Paper: My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 pad, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market St "Happy Birthday", My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink "Wonderful"
Cardstock: SU! Blue Bayou, cream
Other: Gold embroidery thread, Kaisercraft rhinestones, dimensional pop-up dots, Artee gold embossing powder

The photo is a little over-bright, sorry - I am having trouble getting the lighting right as so often I am taking photos at night. With the flash is too bright, without is too dark....Some more experimenting is needed, I think.

I still have my original plan in mind, so maybe tomorrow I'll have another stab at it and see if it's more obedient the second time around.

Thanks for visiting!
Kerri

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I love the color choices! It is very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty! Love the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the color combo is great. Love that you used gold embossing powder. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color scheme! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design and color combo and sweet sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing here.

    ReplyDelete