Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photo time

Hi there,

I have 2 more cards to show today. One was finished late last night, but after midnight seemed far too late to create a post - despite the promises I made yesterday - but here it is!

I've been struggling for the past few days with the idea of creating a photo card for Christmas. It's not at all the kind of thing I'd ever consider normally, but I'm using Boot Camp as an opportunity to force myself into new and sometimes uncomfortable card-making territory. After several false starts and printer challenges, I have actually finished a photo card - although it might be the only one ever! For the purpose I've borrowed my nephew as the card subject as I had a few photos of him playing in a park with his mum on a recent holiday. 

The photos aren't particularly Christmassy (is that even a word?) but the colours converted OK, I think, to a kind of Nordic scheme. (Although I would barely recognise Nordic if I fell over it, so please forgive me if I'm totally off-base with that comment.) The white snowflakes have a very fine layer of glitter on them which doesn't show up well in the photo. I still need to find a sentiment for the inside, which says something inspiring about reaching new heights to suit the photo series - there was much excitement when the kid actually managed to climb to the top of the play equipment (mostly) on his own!


Details:
Stamps: PTI Holiday Photo Finishers, Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Grunge Flakes, Hero Arts Tiny Snowflakes (from many years ago when I first started stamping!)
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, Versamark
Cardstock: all random pieces from my stash
Paper: Bo Bunny Unforgettable Dream (under the sentiment)
Other: red embroidery floss, Martha Stweart glitter, white embossing powder, fine tip glue pen, dimensional stickers

I've been so busy creating Christmas cards that I'm falling behind on other cards I need, so this second card was an attempt to redress that. It was inspired by one I saw and admired many months ago on Michelle Wooderson's blog. If you haven't seen it follow this link - she has a wonderfully relaxed and cheerful style and her cards are always quirky and fresh. I'm pretty happy with this card, although in retrospect I should have left the stickles off the flower centres - it looked better without them!


Details:
Stamps: PTI Friendship Jar SUmmer Fillers, Spiral Bouquet
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versacolor Pinecone, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord, Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender (all used to paint the image)
Cardstock: SU! Blush Blossom, Kraft, thick watercolour paper, some lavender scrap
 Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi 6x6 collection
Other: stitching, ribbon, button, dimensional stickers, Frosted Lace Stickles, Perfect Pearls, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Creme de Chocolat


Thanks for visiting!

-Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, these are beautiful! You did a great job on the photo card.

    ReplyDelete