Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HCBC Day 1, part 2

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting. This morning I've had another go at making a card using the HCBC Day 1 inspiration ideas from Kristina and Jennifer - I was trying to capture the image I had in mind from yesterday, but again, the card had ideas of its own! However, I have included quite a few elements from the videos yesterday: some postage stamp edging and some dry embossing. I really liked the look of the pure white on Jennifer's card, so I've incorporated that. I found some colour inspiration in the paper you can see in the background - it's an old American Crafts design from several years ago. I almost added some of it to the card, but decided to keep it fairly streamlined. (I haven't made a card without designer paper of some sort in a long time. Good to break the dependency every now and then.) It's a more CAS design than I usually try, I think. I have had to use all my willpower to resist adding glitter to the snowflake! I might still...what do you think? Although I haven't made a tree bauble this time, the snowflake is my substitute.

Details:
Stamps: PTI Tree Trimming Trio
Ink: Versacolor Black, Gold
Cardstock: white, matte gold, red, SU! Kraft, Kiwi Kiss (maybe?)
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Die - On the Edge Postage, MFT (I think) Snowflake die, button, twine, stitching, Cuttlebug embossing folder - Victoria

And....here's a closeup, for the link to the HCBC gallery.



OK, just an hour or so until the Day 2 HCBC post (woo-hoo!), so maybe there'll be another post later tonight.

Bye for now,
Kerri

5 comments:

  1. just lovely. I need to be less literal when I make my cards. I adjusted some for materials I have on hand, but I stayed pretty much with the layout of Kristina's card. I love seeing how other people interpreted the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo of kraft, olive and red. So pretty and feminine while still being really a bold graphic statement. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job on re-interpreting the inspiration! I love what you did with it. Great style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Congratulations on having your card featured today in Boot Camp! It's fabulous and I'm thrilled for YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean lines, yet still having lots of detail! Congrats on the spotlight at HCBC!

    ReplyDelete