Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Recent efforts

It turns out keeping a blog going is much harder than it seemed when I first started! It's been ages since my free time and the inclination to post have coincided. I had an insanely busy term 3 this year, which meant very little time for card making anyway....but I'm determined NOT to start every post with a "sorry I haven't posted for so long" message, as so many blogs I have read do, so all I will say is how much admiration I now have for the many, many, many people who are more regular bloggers than I.

I have had more free time to make cards recently, as I am on Long Service Leave for 4 months - bliss! For anyone reading outside Australia, this is an industrial remnant of the colonial days when people needed time to hop on a ship to go back to Britain to visit friends and family a couple of times in their lives. The fact that plane travel makes it completely unnecessary for such a long break has had no bearing on contemporary industrial relations, so I have until the end of January to be tied back in to my "normal" crazy work schedule!!! So after several weeks of just recovering some energy and inspiration, my creative juices are flowing again.

I'm also signed up (as of today) for the Holiday Card Boot Camp, so there should be many more pictures coming soon. Although, at this stage I am signed up just for general card-making tips & techniques. I already have a design in mind for my Christmas cards this year & am just waiting for my recent Papertrey Ink order to arrive before getting stuck into the production line. However, the two previous on-line card classes have been sensational & have given me LOTS of inspiration & new techniques, so I am sure I will get a lot out of it.



So, here are the cards I actually like & have managed to take half-decent photos of since my last post.



Stamps: PTI Tea for Two & Tea for Two additions
Cardstock: Vanilla
Ink: Versacolor Celadon & Pinecone
Paper: Webster's Pages 6x6 Ladies & Gents & Trendsetters pack, Creative Imaginations 6x6 Beach Cottage pack, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Blush 6x6 pack, can't remember where the script scrap came from...
Other: Seam binding coloured with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet, pom-pom ribbon, mini ric-rac, Kaisercraft pearls, Perfect Pearls powder, pale yellow paper & wire flower, stitching
Tools: Tiim Holtz/Sizzix Alterations Die (On the Edge), PTI label die



Stamps: alphabet stamps from a really old, cheap set that came with some even cheaper ink from Kmart...
Ink: Versacolor Pinecone
Paper:  Webster's Pages 6x6 Ladies & Gents & Trendsetters pack
Cardstock: SU! Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (?)
Other: alphabet stickers (can't remember brand), button, twine
Tools: corner rounder (Carl Punch)


This card is a case from Melissa Phillips - I LOVE her style but can never seem to replicate it {sigh} - so delicate, whimsical & pretty! Her original card is here. If you haven't visited her blog before, I HIGHLY recommend you dediacte a few hours, a comfy chair & a pot of tea to explore it!

Paper: a whole lot of tiny scraps, can't remember the rest as I made this card quite a few weeks ago (sorry)
Stamps: PTI Boards & Beams, Layers of Color Art Stamps - Nature Walk
Ink: Versacolor Green Tea, Distress Ink Old Paper, PTI Vintage Cream
Other: Maya ROad Houses Mini chipboard set, buttons, embroidery floss, seam binding coloured with Tattered Rose Distress Ink, stitching, spray varnish

 

Stamps: Hero Arts Clings Flower Pattern, Hero Arts Made With Love clear set
Ink: Memento Ink Tuxedo Black, Archival Brilliance in Pearlescent Crimson; Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Aged Mahogany, Victorian Velvet, Broken China & Peeled Pain (used as paints)
Paper: Basic Grey Oxford 6x6 pad (for the green background)
Cardstock: Watercolour paper, 2 shades of purple
Other: Perfect Pearls, seam binding coloured with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, Rhinestone flower button, clear embossing powder, pop-up stickers
Tools: Spellbinder Labels 4 die



Paper: from a small selection of offcuts, printed in Australia - brand unkown
Ink: Versacolor black, silver
Carstock: white, black, SU! Kraft
Other: ribbon, lace, black flower brad set, Perfect Pearls, clear embossing powder, pop-up stickers
Tools: Spellbinders Labels 4 die

Well, that's it for now! Hope you enjoyed them.

-Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment