Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Friday, November 18, 2011

Gate fold card

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting my blog!

This week, as part of Holiday Card Boot Camp, I have continued my attempts to push myself into card-making areas I haven't tried before - although it does mean that every card is taking twice as long as usual to make, as I keep changing my mind about the final layout and look. On Day 8, Jennifer McGuire made a card using a gate fold which I thought was gorgeous, so as I hadn't tried a gate-fold before, that was my challenge. Like Jennifer, I used a panel on the left hand side which, when the card is closed, is centred over the middle of the card, covering some of where the left and right hand sides of the card meet up:


When the card is opened, some of the embossed stamping which the panel covers is revealed - I quite like that aspect of this card, but I'm not entirely happy with how the card looks when it is standing up. Oh well, I guess that's all part of the learning, huh? The photos aren't really showing up the true color of the background paper - in RL it's a smoky, muted pink. The Inkadinkado stamp with snoflakes in it is delicious - and so are all the others in the set. I cna't wait to find more uses for them!



Details:
Paper: a subtle red with a rose print in it - can't remember the brand or name as it's quite old
Cardstock: thick watercolour paper, vanilla
Stamps: "Peace on Earth" from Stampa Rosa (several years ago), Inkadinkado Large Flourishes
Ink: Versacolor black, Tim Hltz Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet
Other: Moon Glow Two Toned embossing powder in Midnight RUby (brand unknown)
Tools: Spellbinder Labels 2 die

I hope your own card-making is going well!
-Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment