Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Card Camp - Week 3

Hi there,

It's been a slow start to Week 3 for me, despite my enthusiasm about this week's colour combo - there have been several other things competing for my time and attention. Nevertheless, I have made one card I am keen to post & I think I'll have a bit of time in the next two days to make more. (But then again, the best laid plans and all that...)


So here it is. It looks pretty simple, which fails to take into account the TWO HOURS I stuffed around with it. I made so many errors (eg. the distressed edges were NOT intentional, but I stuck the cream card on crooked & then tried to trim it back to straight, then stuffed up the cut & had no choice but to distress it to cover up the mess) - and I cut myself with my scissors. You'd think I was a toddler! Years and years of playing with stanley knives and craft knives and I cut myself with the scissors! Aargh. But in the end I think it turned out ok. (The card, I mean - the cut is right on my knuckle & will be a nuisance for a few days.)


Supply list is pretty limited, as I was using scraps of paper & card & don't know anymore what brand almost any of them are. Sorry. But here is what I do know:

Stamp: Kaisercraft sentiment (from a new mini clear stamp set)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Barn Door
Cardstock: SU! Chocolate Chip (or maybe Espresso?) and cream; Bazzil Basics (?) - the mid brown stripe, don't know what shade it's called
Paper: Gold strip, red printed flowers, tan script
Other: Embroidery floss, Paper flower & leaf, Tim Holtz Grungeboard heart, Glossy Accents (on heart), Twinkling H2Os (gold sparkle on flower) 

I've also played around a little with my camera to try to create a better (square) shot to link to the Card Camp Gallery....hmm. More practice needed! Lucky there's still (almost) 2 weeks left, ha ha.


 Thanks for looking!
 -Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Love your papers! What a beautiful flower you made with that darling red heart for the center. Great card!

    ReplyDelete