Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stamping room organising & inspiration

G'day!

I've had a very productive card-related two days! (At last.) To start with, I've re-organised lots of my supplies, mainly inspired by the addition of a new (to me) 2 drawer filing cabinet. This was intended to help store my ever-increasing collection of paper, which it now holds, but it meant that lots of things needed to be moved around to make the most of the space. A general tidy-up was also in order, so I grabbed the bull by the horns and did it all. The most exciting part of it was that I have now finally filed all the papers I'd jammed into a magazine holder after I used pieces of them over the last year or so. Originally it started out as a "I'll put these away tomorrow" collection, but of course that got completely out of control very quickly! Now they are in suspension files in colour groups - much more practical.

So, after spending a few hours yesterday & today sorting and re-filing, I then had to make use of the newly clean and inviting space....so I've also finished four cards today, two of which I'd been stuck on for quite a while. I'd like to keep making more, but it's already after midnight.

First up, here's a card I made last week for the Summer Card Camp using the Week 1 colour combo. I wasn't really sure about it at first. I'm still not, but at least now I'm happy enough with it that it's not going in the bin. It was also my first attempt at simulating the Copic colouring style for hair that I've seen on so many blogs. I used water colour pencils instead, but the hair is the part of the card I'm happiest with. And I finally managed to find something to stick down the tulle bow - that was a challenge.


Supplies:
Stamp: OA Happy Day from The Greeting Farm
Cardstock: SU! blue, hot pink, white
Paper: from an old Sizzix mini-pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: water colour pencils (Faber-Castell Albrecht Durers - AWESOME), ribbon, button, tulle, embroidery floss


Today's cards....

Love this one! I think I'll be using this stamp a lot. The contrast in colours between the sky & the sea is a little greater in real life. Obviously, my photography will need some work if I aim to keep up this blog!


Supplies:
Stamps: both from Noah's Ark by Jane's Doodles
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress ink in Broken China for sky background
Cardstock: not sure what brand...pale blue & white, watercolour paper for waves
Other: Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils, el cheapo watercolour paints, PTI cloud dies, dimensional glue dots

The next card is one I've been trying to finish for several weeks - I had the yellow and red panels finished but couldn't decide what to add to it.


Supplies:
Cardstock: SU! Kraft & Chocolate Chip, Bazill Basics kiwi shade, PTI Terracotta Tile
Paper: October Afternoon - The Thrift Shop (Still in Box)
Stamps: Kaisercraft Flourish, Purple Onion Designs sentiment
Ink: Versamark, Varsacolor Pinecone
Other: button, floss, clear embossing powder

The flowers on the next card were painted many weeks ago, but again, I couldn't quite put it together to my satisfaction until now. I'd originally stamped two sets of tulips and painted the other one in deeper pinks and purples. I quite liked the card I made with that version, but didn't want to use the same layout twice. I think the weeks of having this one just sitting on my desk gave me the distance to think of the image from a fresh perspective. 


Supplies:
Cardstock: kiwi textured - from my stash, SU! Pink Pirouette, watercolour paper
Paper: The Girls Paperie (oops, have thrown away part of the label, don't know which design it is), Making Memories Eliza Yellow Brocade
Stamp: from Papertrey Ink Frienship Jar Spring Fillers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: water colour paints, ribbon, button, sewing thread

Finally, here's my first attempt at using sticky-back canvas. Not so sure about this card, but I do like the faded jeans look of the canvas.


Supplies:
Cardstock: all from my old stash
Stamps: Artee Stamps Large Funky Flower Garden, Papertrey Ink Up, Up & Away (for sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China
Other: ribbon, Twinkling H2Os, SU! scallop border edge punch, black felt-tip pen

I think that's enough for today! Hope you like them. I have just a few more half-finished elements on my desk, so my plan is to turn all of them in to completed cards this week, too. And then more Card Camp colours....maybe I'll get somewhere near that 48 card total if I can keep up this card frenzy!

Thanks for stopping by.

-Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment