Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Card Camp - Week 4

Hi there!


I've tried really hard today to get a card made on the FIRST day of the new color challenge - and I have managed it. Lucky, because being Week 4, it was my last chance. It's another card which is quite a change from my usual style. Although I like making vintage cards with lots of details & layers, I am always taken by the clean and simple modern cards I see on the internet. Today's very fresh, calm colors inspired me to try something simpler than usual. The irony is that this card took as long as any of the others I usually make, even though it seems to have fewer elements.


I've also taken the big step with this card of using some of the vintage buttons I've recently inherited from my great-grandmother's stash. I've had them for a few months but haven't used them until now. It's very amusing to think that perhaps my own tendency to hoard craft items is a link back to my ancestors!


Supplies:
Cardstock: white & a very pale aqua from a sample pack of watercolour papers
Ink: Versacolor Celadon
Stamp: Waltzing Mouse Half Pint Heroes
Other: embroidery floss, PTI Beautiful Blooms II flower die, vintage buttons

Here's another card I finished today - it was supposed to be finished in time to put it in the Week 3 gallery, but I didn't make the deadline. Oh well. I figured the more cards I had in the gallery, the greater the chances of winning one of the prizes....but it turns out I won one anyway! I got an email to say I won the Sizzix Alterations die pack - AWESOME!!!!! I don't have any of these dies & I've been wanting the label die set for ages. I am SO happy!


Supplies:
Cardstock: SU! Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, a caramel piece from a swatch of Core'dinations
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck - Garden Variety
Ink: Versacolor Scarlet, Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Stamps: PTI Tea for Two
Other: PTI Tea for Two Collection die, PTI Mat Stack 3 die, ribbon


You might also have noticed I've finally figured out how to make the photos bigger on the blog. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make the page scroll faster - probably take the photos with a smaller file size on the camera? If you're reading this & you know what I'm doing wrong, please let me know!

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

-Kerri

16 comments:

  1. I really like your card style. The flower/button card is so lovely, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win! I really love the card you made for week 4, it is very pretty, simple and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your week 4 card....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love the button flowers! I know how you feel about getting the buttons out and actually using them, but they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Especially love your CAS card camp card! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE your card for Card Camp...just Awesome! Both are really nice...but I love the blues and greens....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the colors - love the buttons for the flower centers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! Well, both of them, but especially the button flowers. And what a special touch that the buttons were your great-grandmother's. The floss stems is the perfect accent too. I will be very surprised if this card isn't in the favourites list at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerri - I love your button flower card!! Perfect use of the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage button centers :-) What a cute job you did with the stem of the flower too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your flower button centers and the floss leaves - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Great take on the card class color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful and creative card, I love how you have used the floss for the flower leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your week 4 entry! It's clean, simple & so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete