Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 4, Day 2

Hi there,

I had so much fun making cards yesterday that I changed my plans for today so I could keep going. I had lots of work-realted tasks I was SUPPOSED to do instead...but they'll keep. I did have fun, but so far I have only one card to show for the day. Some other pieces for another card for this week's colour combo are drying, ready to be finished tomorrow.

I got my inspiration for today's card from a small tag piece in the back of a Kaisercraft 6x6 pad. It wasn't in the right colours, but I really liked the look of subtle, overlapping images in slightly different shades of one colour family. I thought the style suited this week's colours.


I used LOTS of different stamps & inks for this - my desk was a huge mess by the end. I also sprayed the stamped panel with Glimmer Mist, as I thought it was starting to look like a wedding or engagement card & wanted to glitz it up a bit while still keeping it very clean-looking. It was very difficult to resist the temptation to add some more pattern/texture/ribbon/rhimestones somewhere else...I still can't decide whether I should have or not.

You can see some of the detail better in this shot:


 I think it looks a bit better in real life, though - even more so than usual!

Supplies:
Cardstock: SU! Taken with Teal, PTI Aqua Mist, white cotton (?) textured, plain white
Stamps: Kaisercraft Script & Empire Collection, Grace Taylor Love, Heidi Grace Marina Dr., Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) Shabby French, PTI Background Basics: Newsprint
Ink: Versacolor in Sky Blue, Split Pea, Green, Baby Blue, Sage, Turquoise, Celadon
Other: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment