Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sailor Boy - Card Camp continues

Hi there,

(This is my second post for today. Read the earlier post for more details.)

This card uses a watercolour wash I made yesterday. This week's colours are so vibrant and I can't get the ocean out of my head when I look at them, so in this card I've gone for a more literal interpretation, using a really cute stamp set I don't often get a chance to play with.


I've also used the technique from yesterday's Card Camp video, with clear plastic as a window, although I didn't actually stamp on it. You can't really see in the photo, but I've added Glossy Accents to the fish and the submarine portholes, and Distress Stickles on the sea stars (NOT star fish, as my biology teacher friends keep reminding me). I know that the oranges aren't part of the colour combo for this week, but I just couldn't resist. (Also, I know, gold fish at the bottom of the sea are unlikely.)

But all up, it's a cute card that will be perfect for a little boy I know whose birthday is coming up soon!

Here's a close up (mainly for the Card Camp gallery link, sorry).



Supplies for this card - a HUGE list (madness, I know):
Cardstock: SU! Kiwi Kiss, white water colour paper, PTI Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest & Summer Sunrise
Paper: Kaisercraft Utopia collection (blue spots), Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage Collection (green tones), silver, some random scrap in blue & green (used for the seaweed)
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse Half Pint Heroes
Ink: Versamark, Versacolor Black
Other: Clear plastic sheet (cover pages for binding, from office supply store), silver embossing powder, Ranger Distress Stickles in Rock Candy, Jones Tones Plexi Glue (fabulous stuff!), Glossy Accents, Marvy Le Plume marker (blush pink), MFT grass die (I used the off cut, inverted, for the seaweed), water clour paints, deckle-edge scissors
...I think that's everything!

Thanks for looking.
-Kerri 

1 comment:

  1. Another great card! Thanks for the inspiration. My grandsons would love this card.

    ReplyDelete