Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean and Simple classes, Day 2

Hi there,

Here is my take on the Day 2 card class inspiration, which was about perfectly flat cards. I haven't made a perfectly flat card for a Very. Long. Time! But, with the spirit of giving everything a go which I am trying to apply to life in general, I forced myself to try this.

A friend of mine who is also doing the card class came over to my house and we worked on it together. We were all thumbs! There was ink smudged everywhere, lots of sighing and minor swearing as things kept going wrong. Cards were abandoned, mistakes desperately tried to be reversed....I even spilled embossing powder all over my desk. Ridiculous! I've been using it for years and I don't remember ever having spilled it before....it all seemed to sum up the extreme challenge of what is, on the surface, a very simple-looking card outcome.

My first version was a disaster. but the second was acceptable...if you don't look so close that you see the spots of watercolour that mar the green masked section, ha! Fortunately, my own scrutiny of this card is likely to be much more critical than whoever ends up the recipient of this card. Again, my photography skills are hopeless and the colours don't look true-to-life. The flowers are a subtle salmon pink. Even now, looking at the photo, I'm itching to add some ribbon or a button, or a new layer over the entire thing....


So. Still LOTS to learn about feeling confident and skilled in this style!

Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri

2 comments: