Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean & Simple, Day 5 part 1

G'day! Thanks for visiting.

Today I decided to use a single stamp in multiple ways, much like the Day 4 cards we saw in the card class, but so I can add them to the card class gallery, there will be three separate posts for Day 5. I chose a stamp I really like but had not yet used, from the stash on my desk which I'm forcing myself to use this week. It's a rose, from Kaisercraft's Miss Nelly clear stamps set. I also have the 6x6 Miss Nelly pad, so I started with finding a paper from it that I could use with the stamp:

 

I also took the idea of using a bacground or texture stamp inside another stamp image, so the large rose has a white grid stamped underneath the red embossed layer.

I am loving the scattered look of pearls and rhinestones on the cards shown in the class, so I am trying to emulate that look. However, I am never sure about where or how many of these to use! This looks OK to me now (it didn't when I made it) but I think I need more practise & skill on this point.

See the next post for the 2nd use of this beautiful rose stamp, if you're interested.

-Kerri


No comments:

Post a Comment