Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Monday, January 16, 2012

Clean & Simple, Day 6

Hi again,


Today's Card Camp focus was about using clean and simple embellishments. I LOVE embellishments, so this was right up my alley.



I'm not completely happy with this first card, but I really like the layout Kristina provided and the colour combination. I was also inspired by the idea of layers of tissue paper shapes, from the butterfly card we saw in one of the links.

I couldn't resist adding some very subtle sparkle to the stamped image with some perfect pearls, although it doesn't really show up very well in the photo. The shot is pretty dodgy, too - it was quite windy outside and trying to take the shot before the card blew over was a challenge. I could have taken more time to get it right, but as usual I am posting this in a huge hurry before I go out for dinner. This will have to do for now. I think I'll have another go at the simple embellishment idea again tomorrow....

Thanks for stopping to take a look!
-Kerri

2 comments:

  1. I love the flower! It's so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Too funny, just looked at your list of blog and we follow pretty much the exact same blogs:) Gotta love Hero Arts and Papertrey Ink:)

    ReplyDelete