Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Monday, January 16, 2012

Clean & Simple - weekend 1

Hi there,

I was very excited to see the extra links & ideas from the Clean & Simple card class posted on the weekend, and one of the links I followed gave me the inspiration for this card. It's a masculine card - yay! They are always so difficult for me - you can rarely get away with ribbons and glitter! This one will be my dad's birthday card, coming up in a few weeks. I'm really happy with the retro look of the card, and the unusual colour combination which is WAY out of my normal sphere. I even managed to take the shot of it in natural light, so I am making progress.


One of the things I like most about the card class - this time and the previous camps I've participated in - is the inspiration they provide to try something new and expand your repertoire. It's not always easy or comfortable, but definitely worth the effort and persistence required.

Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment