Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clean & Simple, Day 7

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting.

I'm trying desperately to keep up with the daily ideas from Card Camp but it is a huge challenge and I am slipping behind. I hope to catch up a little on the weekend...famous last words! I have so many ideas and inspirations in my head that it's difficlt to know what to do next, let alone find the time.

The card I have to show today was inspired by the Day 7 theme of white cards by Julie Ebersole. In the past I have been one of the people Julie referred to in her video who ran away screaming when the idea of a largely white card was mentioned, but these past few days of trying to stick to clean & simple designs has given me a little more respect for the idea, and - hopefully - a few more ideas about how to make such a card look great rather than just plain. I think in this case the use of textured white cardstock rather than regular flat has made quite a bit of difference to the final outcome, so I'll definitely be using that idea again.


I have been sticking to the plan to use all of the as yet untouched stamps in my craft room, and today's card uses one such stamp. As soon as it hit the cardstock in Versamark I was in love with it, wondering why on earth I haven't used it before! In case you're interested, it's from the Butterfly Garden set by Pink Paislee. I plan to use it more in the coming days, too, so it might become part of a "1 stamp 3 ways" theme before the classes finish for me.

Typically, though, as soon as I had "finished" the card I was thinking about what else I could add - rhinestones, ribbon, buttons....it's very hard to change old habits! It took great restraint and some admonishing from a friend who was crafting with me at the time to leave it so bare. Looking back at it now, I am glad I did.

I hope you're getting a lot out of card camp, too, if you're participating.

-Kerri

6 comments:

  1. I think your card is awesome. Love the shades of green and all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muted green with white is stunning. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I can imagine making a set of these in different colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity, design and color scheme used for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way this card came out!

    ReplyDelete