Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean & Simple, Day 5 - part 3

Hi again,

Here is the final card I've made today, using the Kaisercraft "Miss Nelly" rose stamp. I wanted to make an elegant wedding card this time, using one of my new favourite colours, very pale pool blue. The first version was awful:


It was too dull, the bold black I had imagined wasn't there because the sentiment font was too narrow. The curly border didn't suit the rose...in all: UGH. It looked like a card I would have produced years ago, when I first started.

However, I was determined to make 3 different cards I was happy with using this stamp. So I took a break, thought more clearly about what the important elements were in what I was imagining, and had another go - this time with much better results, as I am sure you will agree!


I am not completely sure it's finished yet - maybe a line of hand-drawn black stitching is needed along one of the front edges? Let me know what you think.

I am happy, though, that I have used some of the ideas from Shari Carroll's Day 5 card on this - the narrower card front revealing the pattern border on the inside, and the overlapping sentiment tag/flag. I am also very happy with the fact that when the card is shut, the faint rose image on the front lines up with the partially-hidden embossed white rose on the black panel. Something to try again in future, I think!

I am feeling a teeny bit better about the C&S style - a relief, after a few days of stressing and feeling incompetent! Bring on Week 2. If you're participating in the class, I hope you're experiencing a similar sense of growth and challenge.

Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri

1 comment:

  1. saw your card in the gallery of clean and simple cards...very elegant!

    ReplyDelete