Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean and Simple, Day 3

Hi there,


Today's C&S card class explored the idea of where to get inspiration, and how to incorporate ideas into a card. I initially planned to try the letterpress layout that Julie showed on Day 2, but as I worked on the card it took on a life of its own. The finished version is a RADICAL departure from my usual style - if you've looked at my previous blog posts I'm sure you'll agree!



The photo doesn't show the other details I couldn't resist adding: the castle turrets are coloured in with Twinkling H20s in iridescent red, so they shine subtlely in the right light, and the rest of the castle is covered in Rock Candy Distress Stickles, so it glitters in the light. Even still, I had to force myself to resist adding more bling. It seems I am a layering, embellishment addict!

The sentiment and fairy princess that I had planned to put on the front of the card ended up in the inside, which I think has turned out well.


I know a soon-to-be one year old who's having her first birthday party next week, so this card should find a happy home very soon. (And she's too young to care that there's no ribbon on the card, ha!)

And I will also add that I stamped the castle THREE times before I was happy with it. This Clean & Simple stuff is anything but!

Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri



No comments:

Post a Comment