Patchwork rose

Patchwork rose

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean and Simple

Hi there,

I'm participating in the Clean and Simple Card Class this January run by Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire and Julie Ebersole. It's perfect timing again, as I have to return to work in two weeks after a HUGE length of time off....the card class seems like a last hurrah before the routine and tedium of regular working hours kicks back in. So until then, I'm determined to make the most of the time off by making heaps of cards...maybe enough to get me through all of the birthdays, anniversaries and other occasions I'll need cards for until Easter? Time will tell, huh?

So, knowing I was going to change gears to make Clean & Simple cards, I had a few warm-up attempts before the class started. I used a recently-purchased poppy stamp from Hero Arts, stamped it a few times & coloured it in several colour versions using watercolour pencils. Only two of the images have made it to a card so far, but here they are. The photo of this first version hasn't really shown up the subtlety of the colours - the flowers are a mix of orange, yellow and shell pink, which I think is a reasonable imitation of the real flowers.


The purple version turned out beautifully - I am really happy with this card. It's nice to enjoy the moment, don't you think, when a card you have envisioned actaully turns out looking just as good in real life? If only it happened like that every time!


The actual card-camp-inspired photos will be posted in separate posts, so I can add them to the card class gallery, so stay tuned for more if you're interested.

Thanks for visiting.
-Kerri

2 comments:

  1. These are both fantastic! I am especially drawn to the purple card, since that is my favorite color.

    I'm also a student in the class and totally love it. I saw your card in the Gallery and weanted to stop by!!

    Best wishes in returning to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I've read some of your comments in the CAS class gallery - you're doing a great job of providing encouragement to everyone, and now some for me, too! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete